Alright, ladies! Let’s be real. If you’re anything like me, you ate a little too many hamburgers, hotdogs, cookies and ice cream at those cookouts this summer. And you’re also coming to realize that you only have a little bit of time left to enjoy the great outdoors before winter locks you up inside and throws away the key. So let’s talk about how we can make the most of these next few months of fall weather while using our smartphones for good. Get outside and get fit with these motivational apps that help you track your progress!
- Dietbet – Ok. This is my personal favorite of all fitness related apps, assuming you’re in the need of shedding a couple pounds. If you’re just looking to get in shape but don’t have weight to lose, skip straight to number two. Dietbet is an app where you can join games and essentially bet on yourself to lose weight. There are games of different monetary wagers, but all of the 28 day games have you lose 4% of your body weight to win. And then everyone who does so splits the money! So there is absolutely no way for you to lose money unless you do not lose the weight. At a minimum, you will get your original investment back. At a maximum, you’ll double your money, or more! Play with as little as $10 or as much as $100. Either way, having some money on the line can definitely prove to be a strong motivator!
- My Fitness Pal – Use your phone to make better healthy eating choices. Set weight loss goals for yourself and begin paying attention to what you eat. As you log the foods you’ve eaten throughout the day, you might be surprised how all the little bites of “this and that” add up. One of my absolute favorite things about calorie counting is that you can lose weight while saying yes to all the foods you love… as long as you’re maintaining portion control and balancing them with foods that are good for you! And using My Fitness Pal makes that process easy! By typing in the foods you eat, it will automatically count the calories, doing the hard part for you!
- Fitbit – To use the Fitbit app to it’s full potential, you’ll have to purchase an actual Fitbit. But if this is an investment you are willing and able to make, then it’s worth it! (I suggest the Charge HR or the Flex) Through the app, you’re able to calculate the steps you take during the day and even engage in some friendly competition with your friends. A little accountability, and the desire to make it to the top of the leader board of course, can go a long way!
- Run Keeper – Honesty time. I am NOT a runner. So this is where I get into a little bit of uncharted territory. But I have many friends who are and I’ve heard great things about the Run Keeper app, along with the Map My Run, Walk, Bike series. These all have fun ways to set goals for yourself, track your progress, and organize your workouts!
- Rock my Run – This one is also new to me, but it sounds AMAZING! Music playlists matched to the tempo of your stride??? Yes, please! It almost makes me want to become a runner. Almost. Assuming they have some slow jams on there for those of us who will be bringing up the rear. ;)
I know what you’re wondering. What does Komae have to do with fitness? At first glance… nothing. Perhaps you’re a member of a gym that provides babysitting for your kids. Awesome! But that’s an expense a lot of moms cannot afford. The reality is that it’s easier and cheaper to work out at home and outside. Which is HARD when you’ve got little ones around! With Komae, you can request one of your friends to watch your kids for a few hours so you can take a run through the park. Or so you can do that workout DVD that’s been sitting on the shelf collecting dust and follow it up by taking a long shower in peace and quiet. You get your workout in. Your kids have fun playing with their friends. Everybody wins!
If you’d like to learn more about how Komae works and how you can play a part in making this dream become a reality, get connected with Komae today! You can find us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Kickstarter!
Update 3/17/16: As of October 19, 2015, the Komae app was fully funded on Kickstarter! Beta testing is scheduled to begin in April 2016. Space is limited, so request an invite today!
Pin this blog
Error: No feed found.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.