Created by Moms for Parents Everywhere
Komae began in the hearts of Amy Husted & Audrey Wallace in 2015. They are two SAHMs (stay-at-home moms) turned co-founders, building an app that empowers parents to exchange free babysitting with their personal network of friends—a solution to a very real problem to find trusted, affordable care that they experienced in their own lives. Being two young moms, they were investing nearly all their time and money in raising their children, while simultaneously growing small businesses, serving their community, and seeking a piece of sanity. They wanted a break so they set out to hack the $10+/hour rate of babysitters with the creation of Komae. Read more about their story here.
As of June 20th, 2019, Komae has been acquired by Wana Family Network, founded by Erin Beck in Los Angeles, California. Amy & Audrey are excited to remain part of the team as advisors to Erin and look forward to supporting her in the successes to come. Be on the lookout for our Komae Kid to be joined by Purple Elephants soon!
Founder, Wana Family Network
- Former SpaceX Drago Mission Director, so basically… a rocket scientist.
- Favorite animal is a ferret & used to own 3!
- Thinks the coolest word is gemütlich.
- Cloth diapered both of her boys.
- Refuses to drive behind trucks with ladders attached to them.
- Has a weakness for eating loaded nachos after the kids go to bed.
- Has an irrational fear of whales.
- Superfan of The Bachelor(ette) and a glass of wine.
- Enjoys a good game of Dr. Mario with her kids.