Fall is here. 🍁🍂 Pumpkin Spice Lattes, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin cupcakes, Thanksgiving. ALL THE DELICIOUS THINGS. Thank goodness for comfy, oversized sweaters. Am I right? There’s gotta be paleo recipes for those things somewhere…
Cooler weather screams hearty, warm meals. I am not going to lie, I have been struggling with this, and the temperature hasn’t even really dropped below 60 degrees yet in Northern Ohio. So, I had to take a stand before all of my hard work went down the drain. Don’t let these cool, oversized sweater months ruin your healthy habits. Come out on top this spring looking like you didn’t go into hibernation 🐻.
I am a huge fan of the paleo diet. No dairy, no wheat. Just meats, veggies, and fats. So simple. I was craving shepherds pie when my coworker brought some in for lunch the other day. So I figured I’d try to make my own healthy, paleo rendition. (White potatoes are not paleo. Check out my favorite paleo book to learn more about this way of eating ⬇️.)
I always shop at Aldi. I got all of my ingredients there for about $10 with plenty of carrots, peppers, and mushrooms to spare. I think I will make some egg muffins with those for breakfasts. This will easily feed your family or 4 or you can eat it for work lunches for a few days like I do to stop yourself from eating out and spending money.
What You Will Need 🛒:
- 2 large sweet potatoes baked or microwaved. I baked mine at 400 degrees for 45 minutes while I did stuff around the house.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped small white onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2oz tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Rosemary (I have 6 rosemary plants in my garden. They smell so amazing and I use it all the time.)
- Chili powder, salt, pepper
Cooking Instructions 👩🍳:
- Have sweet potatoes baked/microwaved and cooling.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In one large pan (or two smaller) combine ground beef, carrots, peppers, onion, and garlic with some coconut oil. Heat until carrots are soft, about 12-15 minutes.
- While that is going, make your sweet potato topping. I used a fork to scrape out the inside and mash. Add about a 1/4 cup of coconut milk to the bowl and whip until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once carrots are soft, add about 1/3 of the tomato paste and the 1/4 cup of water to the pan and stir well.
- Season with chili powder, rosemary, salt & pepper.
- Poor pan contents into a baking dish.
- Top with sweet potato mash and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Enjoy! Let me know what you think 😊
Pin this blog
We all know it takes a village, but in this community we strive to BE the village. Parents supporting parents. Powered by @wanafam.ly
Error: API requests are being delayed. New posts will not be retrieved for at least 5 minutes.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Click here to troubleshoot.