The Beginning of Komae
Komae began in the hearts of Amy Husted & Audrey Wallace in 2015. They are two SAHMs (stay-at-home moms) turned co-founders, building an app that empowers parents to exchange free babysitting with their personal network of friends—a solution to a very real problem to find trusted, affordable care that they experienced in their own lives. Being two young moms, they were investing nearly all their time and money in raising their children, while simultaneously growing small businesses, serving their community, and seeking a piece of sanity. They wanted a break so they set out to hack the $10+/hour rate of babysitters with the creation of Komae. Read more about their story here.
Co-founder & CEO
- Cloth diapered both of her boys
- Refuses to drive behind trucks with ladders attached to them
- Has a weakness for eating loaded nachos after the kids go to bed.
Co-founder & COO
- Has an irrational fear of whales.
- Superfan of The Bachelor(ette) and a glass of wine.
- Enjoys a good game of Dr. Mario with her kids.
Director of Technology
- Has read the first 3 books of the Wheel of Time out loud
- Sleeps in a hammock
- Has a large designer board game collection